Starting Over

Thursday, April 12, 2012
I've been thinking that someday I'd start revamping the site and give it a whole new purpose. Today is that day. Life has changed and I've started eating raw for more than just weight loss. My health had started going down and I was feeling it. I didn't know I was feeling it until after I started eating healthy again and realized how amazing I felt because of the change and how crappy I felt when I ate bad.

There are literally about a 50 things contributing to me making the switch, which I won't go into because you'd fall asleep, but I'm excited about it. In preparation for it, I got a Blendtec and am trying to get a dehydrator. I've been going through a trial and error phase with green smoothies and I've found some great recipes, but I've also found some pretty awful ones.

I'm going to leave you with one that I really loved, even though, I'd kind of love to play a prank on you but you'd probably never try a recipe I post here again. It's an Apple Pie Green Smoothie and I tweaked the original recipe a bit. I was happy with the outcome. It's delicious for being so healthy. Here's my version

Apple Pie Green Smoothie

2 c. Ice
1-2 c. raw baby spinach
2 medium apples
1 1/2 c. almond milk
1 1/2 tbsp combination of honey and agave
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cabbage leaves

Mix everything in the blender until smooth.

I hope you like it. It's one of my favorites, dessert-wise. Thanks for reading.

Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment